Module 4 The role of gender stereotypes in society
The aim of Module 4 is to explore the gender stereotypes that exist within our society and the role that they play.
Within this module, you will learn:
- What gender stereotypes are prevalent in our society?
- What role do gender stereotypes play and why?
- How/why we should challenge traditional gender stereotypes.
- Understand the reason for stereotyping and the stereotyping process
- Explain the role of gender stereotypes in society and their impact
- Understand the process of gender socialisation and its impact
- Recognise gender stereotyping in the hidden curriculum
- Understand why we should challenge traditional gender stereotypes and how other people are doing this
- Identify practical ways to make a difference in the views of the young people you work with.